Those who know me will roll their eyes when they see that I've created a trading card of my dog. But to those people I say: How could I not? Really. Think about it.Most of the tools I explored for things 5 and 6 didn't do much for me personally. But still it's been useful to explore and know that these things are out there. Perhaps the most valuable thing I learned was the concept of the mashup, which appears to have limitless potential.
I can imagine going back to some of the thing 5-6 sites when preparing presentations or contributing to web sites. I do think, however, that we should remember, and help our students remember, that a glitzy presentation doesn't compensate for lack of substance. I've attended plenty of presentations with flashy elements added that seemed to serve no purpose.

Still not sure how to add a caption to images added to my blog. I made this billboard image using ImageChef. The photo within the image is from the Dublin City Public Library collection on flickr and is not attributed. This photo was taken in their Music Library. I found it in the Creative Commons section of the flickr site but I'm still feeling muddled about correct attribution and appropriate linking.
It's clear to me that all of this would go much more smoothly for me if I had more than a handful of my own photos digitized. I've add that to my personal "to do" list!
No comments:
Post a Comment