Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dear 23 Things...

OK, so you were right. I like my RSS feeds. I have 7 library feeds going in addition to 2 fellow 23 thing people's blogs. And so now I'm using Google blogger and Google reader. Google used to be just Google, a really useful tool upon which to look up stuff. Before signing up for the blogger and the reader I had never noticed that Google has many other tools, such as iGoogle, which today lead me to "gadgets", which lead me to games, which lead me to "Tetris", which rendered me helpless - I simply could not stop playing that game!

23 Things, I'm no life-style purist, but I do like to spend some of my free time doing healthy things like riding my bike, playing with my dog, or reading a book - the musty, paper kind, thank you very much. I have often been heard to say that I spend my work life in front of a computer, why would I want to spend my free time there? And computer games, yuck!

This is all your fault, 23 Things. In the guise of helping me improve myself as a librarian, is this instead what you want for me? To sit on my butt with atrophied muscles, eating potato chips, with my dog looking at me with sad eyes, because I spend all my time playing Tetris? I've only completed 3 of the 23 things; what am I going to discover next?

No comments: