I decided to start blogging while waiting for the sample document to load on Zoho. Maybe it's because I'm working from home, but I've found that the Zoho site loads too slowly to be practical. (I had tried it for one of the previous Things too.)
The Google editor was frustrating. I couldn't make multiple changes to a font before typing. For example, if I changed the size from 8 pt to 12pt, then changed to italics, the size reverted back to 8pt. I was able to make multiple changes to the font by typing first, then highlighting my text and editing with new font size, color, etc. But this didn't go very smoothly either.
A committee I served on awhile back used a web document tool for our minutes, but it never caught on after that. One problem is that as we try new methods to view, edit, and store documents, staff tend to fall behind on what it is we're using now. Just when people figure out how to access and use one, it seems we're on to something else.
OK, the Zoho document has finally loaded, after at least 5 minutes of waiting!
I'm back. I had to sign up for Zoho, and now I'm waiting for another page to load.
Um ... er ... ok, here's another thought. Google seems to be getting into everything these days. Will they soon be able to do my dishes, laundry, and other house chores?
I'm giving up on Zoho. I don't think the slowness is just an issue for today because I've tried getting into this site multiple times on at least 2 other days. So I'll publish this post, and if the document loads in Zoho and I'm able to do anything with it, I'll report back.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment